Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing #14 - Technorati & tags


I claimed my blog! LOL! Actually, I claimed my personal blog, not my 23 Things blog. But still ... I feel more "in touch" and legit!


Having the Technorati lesson immediately follow the del.iciou.us lesson was really well-planned, because one segued very easily into the 0ther. After reading about and working with tags in Thing #13, this lesson was very easy to follow.


Tagging is obviously invaluable. Trying to navigate through the blogosphere without knowledge of tags would be like blindly bumping along with no real goal in mind (exactly what I've been doing 'til now!). I can't imagine that it's a constructive use of anyone's time.


Use of all of these tools has opened so many windows in regards to utilizing blogs. It's very easy (and fast!) to weed through the fluff, or superfluous information, and actually cut straight to the chase. Suddenly, things seem much less cluttered and overwhelming. I'm actually looking forward to implementing these new search features and resources into my daily and weekly planning in the classroom -- it's going to be so much more efficient!


I'm already feeling more innovative and creative!

3 comments:

Miss Lee said...

Great thoughts! I can't wait to offer more concrete help and planning! Library is gonna be fun this year! :)

Judy B-song said...

I thought this was my Elizabeth.
Your blog is fantastic and it is soooo you! I am thinking of you (and so very proud of you, too!)

Infomaniac said...

You have a great looking blog. It motivates me to keep working on mine.