Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing #6 - mashups (and mosaics!)

Ooooh! This litle project sure got the ol' creative juices flowing! How rewarding to create something so polished and fun! My specific tool on this task was using MOSAIC MAKER! I love, love, love it!

As I was uploading my own pics and playing with the format, I was thinking of countless ideas for the classroom. How about each student creating a collage with famous individuals and events during the Civil War (or any other major period in U.S. history)? Or, a mosaic of significant U.S. inventions? U.S. Presidents?

A cute way to start the beginning of the year would be to take pictures of all the students on the first day of school and print up a classroom mosaic to hang in the room (parents would LOVE that at Back to School Night!)? I can't wait to use this fun tool with my students!

No comments: