Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing # 7 - google mania

Who knew Google was so vast?! Wow!

The first thing I looked into was iGoogle, and I'm so glad I did! I now have my very own customized Google home page. I chose an Artist Theme (NIGO® ... super fun!) right off the bat and added some more cool tools -- Amazing Photos of Places to See Before You Die -- talk about instant motivation early in the morning after booting up your computer! I also added Inspirational Quotes, as well as Puzzles and Riddles. Who knows? Maybe I can share the really good ones (puzzles/riddles) with my students! This is a wonderful, "feel-good" resource that I really enjoyed exploring.

Another area I checked out was Google Notebook. This is a great, user-friendly tool that I'm definitely going to share with my students. What a fantastic way for students to individually keep track of their thoughts for future reference during book club discussions ... or to make notes on during ongoing projects and research ... and what about just for personal reading? This would be perfect for storing quick notes on Bluebonnet Books for future use in voting!

No comments: